it’s a rhetorical analysis and i have to pick a speech.
This Essay will allow you to demonstrate your knowledge of the rhetorical concepts we have learned in this course. These concepts are: Speaker (rhetor), Audience, Purpose, Message, Exigence, Constraints, Logos, Pathos, Ethos.
For this Essay, choose either a speech by Martin Luther King or a speech by Malcolm X or a speech by Bono All speeches are posted on Canvas– Readings. Select One of these for your Essay: I have a Dream, by M.L.King …or, The Bullet or the Ballot, by Malcom X…or National Prayer Breakfast Speech by Bono
Essay Organization and Formatting
Included below is a detailed outline for the essay which includes all of the different sections:
Header in upper left corner Title ( centered on page)
Introduction—This sets up the context/history of the speech and your purpose ( 1-2 paragraphs , minimum)
1. Introduce the Topic and the context of the Speech ( Example: In the 1960’s, there was a fight for civil rights. Malcom X offered his strategy for how to win that fight in his speech called____…)
2. After you laid out the speech context and background, state your purpose ( In this essay, I will explore the arguments of the speech, analyze the rhetoric of the speech, and evaluate how effective the speech was as persuasive rhetoric.)
3. Thirdly, you need to state—foreshadow– briefly what your conclusion will be about the effectiveness of the speech as rhetoric ( After analyzing the arguments and rhetoric of this speech, I will show in my conclusion that the speaker was very successful in using rhetoric. I will show this by showing how he effectively balanced logos with Pathos and by his wise choice of words, as well as his strong way of showing Ethos. My conclusion will be that this was a well constructed speech that did the job it was intended to do.
Summary of the Speech –In this section, you will summarize the main arguments and claims of the Speech ( 1-2 pages, minimum)
Rhetorical Analysis (2-3 pages, or more))
1. Intro of this section– Introduction of this section ( After summarizing this article, I will now explore the rhetorical situation of the text. In rhetorical analysis, there are different elements. They are…name the 6 RHETORICAL ELEMENTS and the 3 Rhetorical Appeals and explain what they mean—eg, Exigence refers to the spark or reason that motivated the speech)
2. Identify each of the 6 elements in the speech And explain why you say this—eg.,( I would say that Malcolm’s purpose in the speech was to _________________. I say this because_________________________./ I believe that the exigence of this speech was _______________________,I say this because______________.
4. Give examples( quotations) from the speech of PATHOS and LOGOS and explain why you use this example and explain WHAT was the intended effect this appeal on the audience–( Eg., An example of Pathos in the speech can be found when King says: ____This is Pathos because________. The speaker used this technique here in order to_____________________ ) USE 2 EXAMPLES OF PATHOS AND 2 EXAMPLES OF LOGOS—Also, you need to explain how and why the speaker has ETHOS.
4. Discuss any other devices that the speaker uses to make his speech work better—such as, word choices, humor, street speech, formal speech, personal stories,..alliteration, amplification, metaphors, similes…These little extras can give the speech more impact. Discuss with quotations at least TWO examples of any of these devices in the speech.
Conclusion ( 1-2 pages)–In this section, you will want to evaluate the Rhetoric of the speech—HOW EFFECTIVELY did the speaker use Rhetoric. In this section, you are critiquing the speech—what were the good, bad, and uglies in the speech.. Review all you have said about the 6 rhetorical elements, the 3 rhetorical appeals, and any other rhetorical devices, and now, you evaluate how well the speaker used all the rhetoric—what were strengths and weak spots of the speech…was there a good balance of pathos and logos…did the speech work well to persuade or not, and why was it effective or not.
•In your essay, Use Bolded Sub-Headings to separate each section: Introduction, Summary, Rhetorical Analysis, Conclusion
•Paragraphs should be no more than 4-5 sentences in length
•Essay needs to have a creative, suitable Title
•You will need at least 6 quotations –can use more — 2 Logos, 2 Pathos. 2 of the other Devices
•Quotation format: Always introduce a quotation with a phrase such as..As King said: “xxx xxx xxx. ( King 2)”
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
All ourbpapers are written from scratch. In fact, Clients who ask for paraphrasing services are highly discouraged. We have writers ready to craft any paper from scratch and deliver quality ahead of time.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our writers keeps you posted on your papers progress - providing you with paper outline/draft. You are also at liberty to communicate directly with your writer.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time, in many cases quite ahead of time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.