Book Review (Enrique’s Journey) Questions
Enrique’s Mother and the Decision to Emigrate
1. Discuss author Sonia Nazario’s thesis in Enrique’s Journey. What prompted her to write such a work?
2. How does the book begin? What prompts Enrique’s mother to flee her homeland and children?
3. How does Lourdes’s departure affect her immediate family? Explain in detail.
4. Where does Lourdes go? How does she survive her new homeland? What challenges does she face and how does she overcome these issues?
5. Why does Enrique decide to depart his homeland?
6. Discuss Enrique’s journey to the United States? What conditions does he face?
7. What are the typical conditions of children and mothers departing Latin America for the United States?
8. What are the greatest threats to the emigrants? How do they overcome their difficulties?
Enrique’s Reunion with Mother Lourdes
9. What is Enrique’s reception in the United States? Does Enrique find his mother? Discuss the reunion.
10. Why does Enrique find himself in constant trouble with the law? How do his actions affect his immediate family?
11. Discuss life back home for Enrique’s sister. What options are afforded to her and how do these make a difference in her life? What is life for her and her family?
12. What happens to Enrique and his family at the end of the book?
Author’s Intent and Conclusion
13. What is the author attempting to get across to the reader? Does she succeed? Explain.
14. Give your final assessment of the book. Does the book push you to reconsider your views on immigration? Why or why not?
First, create a title page. This page should list your important identifiers such as the name, course info, subject title, and date. Next, at the top of the first page of the book review, list the full title of the book under review and list it the way it would look in a formal bibliography (or a footnote): Caitlin joseph, 1332
example: Linda Reed, Simple Decency and Common Sense: The Southern Conference
Movement, 1938-1963 (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1991) [Notice that the book title is italicized and the publication info is placed in parenthetical notes and in this order, i.e., place of publication followed by a colon, then list the publishing company and the year of publication. Again, this is standard].
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
All ourbpapers are written from scratch. In fact, Clients who ask for paraphrasing services are highly discouraged. We have writers ready to craft any paper from scratch and deliver quality ahead of time.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our writers keeps you posted on your papers progress - providing you with paper outline/draft. You are also at liberty to communicate directly with your writer.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time, in many cases quite ahead of time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.