For this assignment, you will pick a research article published in the past 10 years that describes the engineering of an enzyme and its use in a biocatalytic application. Please ensure it is a RESEARCH ARTICLE and NOT A REVIEW.
Prepare a Powerpoint presentation (15–20 slides) that describes the article.
To learn about enzyme engineering and biocatalysis, using all the knowledge that you acquired in class
To learn how to read a research article, extract and convey essential information.
Pick a research article that describes the engineering of an enzyme and its use in biocatalysis
– For help in finding a suitable article, you can use PubMed or Google Scholar. Journals that publish this type of study include: Nature, Science, Nature Chemistry, Nature Catalysis, Nature Communications, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Angewandte Chemie, ACS Catalysis, etc.
Include, as necessary for understanding, information such as:
– Name of enzyme and EC number
– Cofactor required
– Kinetic parameters (kcat, KM)
– Reaction catalyzed and mechanism
– Reaction conditions (pH, T, solvent, etc.)
– Assay used to characterize enzyme
– Mutagenesis method and screening/selection assay
– Type of enzyme engineering (rational design vs directed evolution)
– Enzyme structure
– Type of biocatalytic transformation (e.g., fermentation, biotransformation, etc.)
– Biocatalytic process (e.g., deracemization, direct asymmetric synthesis, kinetic resolution, cofactor recycling, etc.)
– Use 3–5 bullet points on slides if necessary (except when showing figures). When showing figures, include short legend to understand the figure. SUGGESTION: use a sentence to provide take-home message, either as title of slide or as statement at the bottom of your slide (see example assignment).
1. Introduction (5–7 slides)
a. Explain context and background needed to understand paper (i.e. what is the current state‐of‐the‐art? why should we care about this study?)
b. Describe system under study (i.e., enzyme and/or method)
c. Clearly state the objective and hypothesis of the current study
2. Methods and Results (8–12 slides)
a. Describe what the authors did and show results from article (i.e. copy/paste figures and tables, with appropriate legend so that reader can understand)
b. Explain important methods, especially if these are new engineering strategies
3. Discussion and Conclusions (2–3 slides)
a. Put these findings in the context of the field (i.e. discussion, how does this compare to previous methods or previous work?)
b. Summarize what the findings of the paper were (i.e., what was achieved? Did it work?)
c. Future directions
Please ensure to answer all key points
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
All ourbpapers are written from scratch. In fact, Clients who ask for paraphrasing services are highly discouraged. We have writers ready to craft any paper from scratch and deliver quality ahead of time.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our writers keeps you posted on your papers progress - providing you with paper outline/draft. You are also at liberty to communicate directly with your writer.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time, in many cases quite ahead of time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.