· “The Raven” by Edgar Allan Poe (Links to an external site.)
Now that we have practiced poetic analysis together, it is your turn to demonstrate this skill in the form of an essay. In Writing Essays About Literature, Acheson explains her process of researching within the text, arranging evidence, and inventing the argument in order to write an essay that interprets the meaning of a poem. You will now get the chance to do the same.
For this essay, you will conduct an in-depth analysis of one poem from our readings. The poem you choose to analyze is up to you, as is your argument. In this essay, you will need to include:
· a thesis statement clarifying the larger idea, theme, or meaning of the poem
· specific, quoted details from the poem showcasing the poetic devices that the author uses to convey meaning (rhyme, meter, sound, diction, imagery, figurative language, etc.)
· your original analysis of how these details and devices convey the meaning of the poem
The poem is the only required source for this essay.
When quoting multiple lines of a poem, show the line break with a forward slash: “The curfew tolls the knell of parting day, / The lowing herd wind slowly o’er the lea” (Gray 1-2).
· The essay should be at least 4 full double-spaced pages with 1” side margins, 1” header and footer margins, Times New Roman, 12 pt font.
· Your introduction should offer a thesis that gives your readers a main claim or guiding idea which will be developed throughout.
· You are required to quote directly from the poem you are analyzing. All quotations should be cited in MLA format, with the author’s last name and line number(s) in parentheses. When quoting multiple lines of a poem, show the line break with a forward slash: “The curfew tolls the knell of parting day, / The lowing herd wind slowly o’er the lea” (Gray 1-2).
· Proofread for mistakes and edit for clarity. Consider paragraph organization and appropriate transitions to lead your reader through your discussion.
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
All ourbpapers are written from scratch. In fact, Clients who ask for paraphrasing services are highly discouraged. We have writers ready to craft any paper from scratch and deliver quality ahead of time.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our writers keeps you posted on your papers progress - providing you with paper outline/draft. You are also at liberty to communicate directly with your writer.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time, in many cases quite ahead of time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.